Saturday, July 01, 2006

Strike While the Iron's Hot
Since I've been working away furiously with college assignments, not much has been done around the Melody household with regards to housework.

I give you, the ironing pile:





I took this piccie last night as a reminder of what the ironing pile looked like before I tackled it this afternoon. Unfortunately it was too hot to iron upstairs, so I did some laundry and hung it outside to dry on the clothes line and sat in the garden knitting away on my ‘Grace' jacket. I've therefore added to the already monster pile of ironing before I've begun. It's a bit like my Stashalong efforts really LOL!! :-)

Ah yes... Stashalong. I did so darn badly with Stashalong between April 1st and June 30th that I thought I should have a go at the Summer Stashalong organised by the members of the Angel Yarns forum. In the days leading up to the start - which is today by the way - I haven't been tempted to buy anything, which for me is a minor miracle in itself. But I have been trying to find a ball of the elusive ‘Ladybird' colourway of the Opal Rainforest sock yarn collection for the past few weeks to no avail, and thought it was all sold never to be seen again.

I clicked onto the Get Knitted website this morning to buy the Debbie Bliss "Cashmerino book 2" and a pair of 5mm Brittany Birch straight needles (it's not yarn you see, so it doesn't count in Stashalong)..... and I saw this:

Opal Ladybird

if you scroll down a couple of items you'll see why I was a very unhappy Melody this morning Just my luck that I see the Ladybird colourway after the official start of Stashalong, isn't it?? There must be a conspiracy going on....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks very neat for a 'before' ironing pile!

I think you should get the ladybird - you never know when, or even if you will see it again.

Sorry to hear your other DS now has the slapped cheek lurgy. Hope he recovers quickly too.

blueadt said...

Aren't you allowed a day off per month if you're doing 3 months? I'm thinking of doing some toe up Jaywalkers with my LB.

Cheryl:) said...

Oh my glory I can't get over your pile of ironing... I tend to iron as I go... I also buy this wonder stuff called "Downy Wrinkle releaser" The stuff works wonders...you just spray it on..give it a tug and VOILA.. nice smooth shirts and pants....