Friday, July 07, 2006

BBQ Rained Off
It was my oldest son's school social BBQ this evening, but it rained so hard this afternoon, and has done for the past few days, that the PFA, who had organised the event, cancelled it. And I can't blame them. Unfortunately for us, I had absolutely no food whatsoever to give to the family as I

a) hadn't taken any food out of the freezer, or
b) shopped for any

and then my oldest son's friend says
"Matthew says I can come round to your house tonight! Can I?"

So what do you do in situations like this? Easy. You invite your oldest son's friend to play after school as organised by aforementioned son, and invite friend's sister round to play as well as she looks sad and she wants to play with youngest son, and then take the four children mob handed to McDonald's when they get hungry. And MickeyD's have those ‘The Dog' toys as the Happy Meal giveaway toy. Resounding Result.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like organising something that has to be done outside for ensuring that the weather takes a turn for the worse - however hot and sunny it has been.

It happened to us last week and we are in a desert where it hardly ever rains.

I am sure the kids enjoyed their Happy Meals just as much as the BBQ anyway!