Monday, July 17, 2006

The Start of the Summer Hols
Yes!! It's here! The start of the summer holidays!!
Great! I thought, I don't have to get up and go to work for seven weeks! A lie-in!
Not so.
John the Brit went out at 4am this morning to do a safety audit at a site, and as he left the house Danny the youngest woke up, ran from his bedroom and hopped into bed with a half-comatose Mummy. He spent the next three hours wriggling around and asking for breakfast. Some lie-in that turned out to be *rolls eyes*



Destashing Baby Yarns
I've decided that as my youngest son is nearly four and a half years old and due to start school in September, I really should destash some of my ‘baby' yarns. I've added two packs of Sirdar Snugly Aran yarns to eBay this evening in the vague hope that someone will offer me some hard cash for them. I started off by offering them on the Angel Yarns forum today, but no-one was tempted unfortunately, so I put them onto eBay instead as I don't have long before we're off on our hols and I don't want any outstanding auctions running for fear of being left negative feedback!





I'm feeling a bit sad that I'll never knit baby stuff for the boys again :(
Maybe I'll knit socks for the pair of them instead!




Crochet
I did try to crochet over ten years ago, in fact I went to Crochet classes at my then LYS. Sadly this yarn shop closed down as the owner retired, but it was a lovely shop just to visit. I'm sure the owner thought I was a bit bonkers though as I was on a major stash enhancement programme at the time! Ah well.... I digress......

I did try to crochet. Once. Crochet and I didn't get along all that well. Maybe because I'm left-handed, maybe because I felt awkward, maybe because of the feel of that damned METAL crochet hook in my hand........ I dunno.

Then yesterday morning as I was knitting away on Tide using my Brittany Birch straights, I realised that possibly crochet wouldn't feel so awkward if I used these babies:
Brittany crochet hooks
I may try crochet out again when I've bought myself a couple of Brittany hooks to work with. Who knows, I may get to like it this time round :)

PS - this Blogger business is all tricks isn't it? For the past 2-3 weeks I've been trying my best through trial and error to get things in the right places and suddenly I accidentally press 'compose' and voila! it all appears before my eyes exactly how I want it

1 comment:

Hellbelle said...

I've just got myself a 6mm Brittany birch hook and it's lovely. Not used it yet, but I keep picking it up and looking at it!!