Thursday, July 20, 2006

Piccies of Progress
I was norty yesterday evening and stood chatting to our next door neighbour over the fence instead of taking photos of my progress on both Tide and the garter stitch baby cardigan and when I eventually came inside it was too dark to take decent piccies. So if you clicked onto my blogette and were disappointed that you didn't see piccies I'm very sorry.... I'll give myself smacked wrists *ouch! that hurt!*

Here they are:

Up to my armholes in Tide:



Garter stitch cardigan; boring but just the sleeves to do now:




I will get the baby cardi done this week.... okay, by the weekend....... but I don't think I'll be finishing Tide in time to take and wear and my holiday as a finished item unless I sit and knit and do very little else, and that ain't happenin'.
Poo.
I don't think the baby will care very much whether Aunty Melody has finished the sleeves on the cardi for his/her arrival to be honest, and the babe may well be late in arriving anywhoo. But I can finish it off in a couple of evenings, especially as I'm picking the sleeves up round the armhole depth and knitting them down to the wrist, so very little sewing up required.

Other News....
Flip flops are all the thing again this year and I don't like that thongy bit that fits between your toes... yuck... so I've been deprived of trendy footwear of late. I did buy some sparkly flip flop type sandals from Asda in a vague attempt to be trendy, and they're quite comfortable to wear in the house as opposed to wearing fluffy slippers in this heat. They have a strap across the foot rather than a toe thong though, which is more comfortable for moi.

Then yesterday I popped into the chemist in the next village to where we live and found these on sale:



I was so pleased that I bought them immediately. I had several pairs of Scholl sandals when I was a nipper, and they design hasn't changed in about thirty years *grin*. I spent all yesterday admiring my new Scholls and clumping round the house in them. (I'm a very sad person at times) In fact that's how the conversation started with our neighbour - she was in the garden watering her plants and I was walking along the path in our garden admiring my new Scholls and she called out that I looked pensive..... I didn't have the guts to admit was admiring my new sandals as I was walking along.....

6 comments:

Badger said...

I hated scholls when I was little, but think they're fabby now i'm an old lady!

Tide is looking just lovely, the colour is perfect for showing off the pattern.

Anonymous said...

Hi it's me CC - how much were they ?
Your scholls ?
ccx

Melody said...

CC - they were £12.50 (half price!), an absolute bargain from Moss Pharmacy in the village next to ours.... *grin*

I'm wearing them as I type. *clomp clomp*

Anonymous said...

Ahh Debs.... memories of scholl sandals - I remember having a leather pair years and years ago.

Is this blogger malarkey hard to do? Im tempted to start one.

Catherine

Melody said...

I wouldn't say that it's hard Catherine, unless you have absolutely no clue what you're doing like me!

I've found out how to add stuff to the blog and Blogger's little tricks over the past few weeks, but I haven't found it all that tricky.... really...... but I'm not doing the techie stuff yet *big grin*

Debs xx

Peter Jacobs said...

Scholl's must be due a Bierkenstock-esque fashion revival - or did that happen when Carrie Bradshaw wore a pair ...?