Thursday, July 13, 2006

The End of an Era.
It's my youngest son Danny's last ever day at preschool tomorrow morning and I'm really sad about it. He starts ‘big' school at the end of August so tomorrow is the last day he'll be coming into work with me - forever. I'll feel like I've lost part of me when he leaves and moves up into Reception class.

I was browsing through some of my ‘baby' and young boy's patterns that go up to a size 24" chest this afternoon, and the largest size will just about fit Danny at the moment. I'll have to knit him some little sweaters and vests pronto so that he can wear them at the weekeends and on school holidays; our local school has a uniform that must be worn, so he'll be wearing his little school sweatshirt from September onwards.

*sigh* It certainly is The End of an Era

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet Danny is excited to be going to Big School though. He will look so smart and grown up in his uniform.

My youngest just turned 13 and he's gone all tall (claims to be taller than me but I am in denial about that) and his voice has gone all deep. I think that was the point when I realised he wasn't a baby any more!

Anonymous said...

End of August ?
Do your schools return in August ???
CCX

Melody said...

Yep CC, they do; August the 30th this year in fact. We've been on hols since 14th July y'see, we start two weeks earlier than other parts of the country, so we can get cheaper summer holidays.