Monday, July 10, 2006

Same Garment, Different Yarns
Do you ever knit a garment and then want to recreate it in many different guises in different yarns? I do.

I recently knitted myself a cropped ribby cardigan from an older Wendy aran pattern - it's the cardigan you see me wearing at the top of my blog page - and I've worn it so often over the past few weeks that I want to knit it again and again in many different yarns. It's so easy to wear, and it fits like a dream because it's ribby. I keep thinking
"Oooh! I could knit it in this! Oooh I could knit it in that!"
I've already got the yarn out of stash and stored it in the guest-room-cupboard-box to knit another version in a denim blue, cotton blend yarn.


It's Patons Holiday Aran that I bought from an eBay auction a little while ago, and it wasn't exactly expensive at £9.01 for six 100g balls. Maybe this could be a holiday project? It's very quick and very easy, as long as I don't knit the back of the cardigan in one size and the left front in another size - now that would be a silly Melody thing to do, wouldn't it??


Other News
It's my Mum's birthday today and she is 72. Happy Birthday Mum!!


The family went to visit yesterday and whilst I was there I finished sewing up the cotton blend summer cardigan that I knitted for her birthday. Mum loves short sleeved cardigans and will wear them in the cooler months too, so this will be an all round winner. She said today that the cardigan fits beautifully, and said that ‘all donations are gratefully received' when I asked her if she's like another one but in a different colour!

Please excuse the blurry, dark photos of the finished cardigan for Mum - John the Brit took photos with his phone yesterday as I'd forgotten to take the digital camera to my parents' house to take photos of the finished project. I'm quickly realising that Blogging requires some organisational skills, which I evidently don't have ;-)

No comments: