Wednesday, August 30, 2006

First Day of School

My littlest son Danny had his first official day at school today. I say ‘day' but a half day is more like it. When he knew that he had to come home for lunch he was very dischuffed

"Well I'll go back in the afternoon then" he said. Little pippin.

He ran straight to the dressing up rail in his new classroom and looked for an outfit to wear. He's so pleased that there are more dressing up costumes at school than we have at home :) He had a good morning, enjoyed his first day at school and was awarded a sticker for his hard work. Well Done Dan!


I spent all yesterday afternoon stitching in goodness knows how many name labels into school wear, and putting kits of one kind or another together for school today; I had sewers cramp at the end of my stitching marathon! I did however get the baby cardigan sewn up to pop in a parcel for my friend's baby, and here it is along with a baby rattle/soft toy.

I've been working away on a new project seeing as some old WIPs are completed or near completion. In the quietness which was this morning I've drafted a block for the back and fronts of a neat little cardigan that I'm intending to whizz up in 4 ply merino for my Mum, and I cast on for the back rib this afternoon. Not much to show though, just a line of cast on stitches so far!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunningly nice baby sweater :o)

Melody said...

Well Jon, when children change for gym they put on their gym kit and throw their clothes around anywhere.

The boys also have to wear school uniform, so there will be a load of school sweatshirts, polo shirts and trousers that all look the same kicking round at any one time.

So name tapes are essential; otherwise your little cherub goes to school in a brand new sweatshirt, takes it off and shoves it in a pile of others and gets to go home in a tatty old one by mistake :-(

DtB xx

Anonymous said...

It's great when children love being at school right from the first day, but it would be nice if they indicated that they'd missed you even just a tiny bit, wouldn't it?

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

very cute baby cardi...and i'm glad Dan had a good day at school, always makes it a lot easier when they want to go again and on the same day is a bonus lol!!!

Mary Beth said...

Such a cuddly looking baby sweater, I know your friend will be delighted! I also impressed with Dan: I love a guy who loves to dress!