Thursday, August 17, 2006

Dongled At Last

I would have updated my blog earlier than today, but I've been waiting for John the Brit to dongle over holiday photos from his laptop. He finally got round to doing it last night *rolls eyes*.

I had a humungous migraine headache this afternoon, probably something to do with the red wine last night. As I don't usually drink because alcohol and I just don't get on together these days, I was amazed that I didn't have a dodgy headache this morning - so I paid the price this afternoon instead. Strange. I feel like my body is falling to bits at the moment, my birthday is on the horizon and I think I must be preparing myself for feeling the age that I'll be in two weeks time or thereabouts. It's on the 31st August if anyone wants to send me Ann Budd's Knit-Any-Sweater-You-Want book for a surprise pressie. No? Well, no harm is asking... *wink*

Okay, here are some knitting piccies from hols - you won't want to see the other holiday type photos, they're too boring for words!!

Knitting on the Llanberis Lake Railway - exactly what it says on the tin. Knitting a sock on the little train that runs round the Lake at Llanberis....



Matthew and I venture into Stash in Chester. This would have been a better photo except Matthew decided to dash into the piccie uninvited at the last minute, and I'm looking particularly chubby with a bright green bag for holding all my knitting projects slung over my shoulder. I have no clue who the lady is looking in Stash's window as the photo is being taken, but that little lad with the back of his head to the camera and in a bright blue top is The Dink himself. Here it is anyway:



And the final piccie of holiday knitting shots today - I sit and knit the holiday sock by Gellert's grave at Bedgellert. I wondered aloud whether if we were to move the stone, would we find the remains of Gellert the noble and brave dog underneath it. John the Brit dragged me away before I could hop over the railings to find out..... spoilsport.




More pics 2moz maybe.

On to more home based stuff.....

I went to Dunelm Mill again this morning on the way back from an appointment for our youngest The Dinkster with both the lads in tow; I bought six cushion innards to make some scatter cushions for our living room along with 2 metres of tasty, ‘non-gender specific' (the NVQ3 rears its ugly head again) fabric to make a few more story sacks for reception class at the boys' primary school, so I must get the sewing machine out.

3 comments:

Melody said...

What? A sewing machine??!! Yahoooo!!

Yep, it's Mattie's birfdee next week. He keeps reminding us about it *rolls eyes*

And I've got you something from Wales again, sweetness *wink*

Anonymous said...

Cool photos, I'm one of those sad people who loves holiday snaps.
Bleh, migraine. Poor you. I stopped drinking alcohol five or so years ago because it just doesn't agree with me, even in small quantities.
Hope you have a wonderful birthday when it comes. You're only as old as the person you're feeling, as they say.

Anonymous said...

Iforget how pretty Wales is sometimes .It is gorgeous .Did you stay in a cottage ?

CCX