Saturday, October 06, 2007

Rippit, rippit, rippit!

The first assignment has been finished and handed in. *sighs of relief all round*

There hasn’t been a huge amount of knitting done at Chez Melody but this week has seen me going for a haircut. I was beginning to look like a Yorkshire Terrier my fringe was so long! I've also been making costumes for the boys for Book Day, when all the children at the boys’ school were invited to dress up as their favourite book character. Lots of late night making, sticking, cutting and stitching was involved in said costume makery.

I’ve been feeling a little jaded with my knitting projects this week, possibly due to late night commitments, and have frogged a couple of things. I frogged my 2x2 cotton cardigan as I was totally bored with all the ribbing and couldn’t face knitting the tedium that is 2x2 rib throughout the winter. Then I also cast on, and almost immediately frogged, a cabled hoodie in Sirdar Spree chunky yarn. I love the hoodie pattern, but I wasn’t overly fond of the off-white colour of the yarn I’d chosen to knit it in. I have managed to knit some of Dad’s scarf on the station platform however and cast on the stitches for a Central Park Hoodie - only a year behind everyone else!



Here is the beginnings of the CPH resting upon its own project bag that I made earlier last month. It's a piece of Laura Ashley fabric that I had left over from a project some years back, and all I had to do was stitch the sides and add a drawstring. So much prettier than a tatty plastic carrier bag that I usually haul my projects around in.

5 comments:

Craftybernie said...

Hiya

Lovely colour red!

I agree with you re the tatty plastic bags. Especially when the needles poke through the pastic!

Only problem is, my living room is now littered (sprinkled) with pretty fabric project bags!!! Mr CB is not impressed.

Piglottie said...

Well done on finishing the first assignment. I've been doing a bit of frogging tonight - must be something in the air. I love the CPH, especially the colour.

Jo028 said...

CPH is looking nice, what yarn is it, I fancy a red one too :)

Melody said...

Jo - it's a vintage Sirdar yarn called Highlander Aran and the colour is Autumn Berry. I bought it about ten years ago to knit an aran cardigan but (typically) never got round to it. It was too good to sell on eBay!

Thanks for your comments everyone! I don't think this will end up being frogged, it's too snuggly!

love Debs xx

Put a Sock in it said...

CPH is looking good! :) Great colour.