Monday, October 22, 2007

Grace Finished

My Grace jacket from Rowan magazine 26 is now completed:


I didn't make any modifications to the pattern at all and I'm fairly pleased with the way it's turned out. I have noticed that there is a fair bit of 'rowing out' occurring within the stocking stitch which I don't like and I'm sure that it's due to me using bamboo needles for this project. I've come to love working with my Brittany Birches and feel spoiled by them in many ways; bamboo needles are just not the same anymore :(

I'm particularly pleased with the collar on this jacket though. For some reason the moss stitch edge to the collar appeals to me. A close-up to show you what I mean:


3 comments:

Linz Knits Now said...

That is a beautiful cardigan!...maybe the 'rowing out' will disappear when it's been washed (these things usually even out then don't they?)

It's such a gorgeous colour aswell :D

Joy said...

That's just lovely Debs :-)such a lovely colour.

murdo said...

That really is a beautiful knit!!!!