Sunday, October 21, 2007

Feeling Very Tired

I'm feeling very ratty and tired today - I finally managed to get to sleep at 4am this morning due to the intensely irritating sound of Mr Melody's snoring. There are times when I wish I could stick a DPN into him....

BUT! I have almost sewn my Grace jacket together that I finished knitting in the summer/ spring/a long time ago and it will be ready for showing on my blog this week I hope.

I've made more progress on my Kim socks too and the gussett decreases are done. Only 10cm more to knit on the foot and the toe shaping and I'll have those completed as well.

I realised last week on my TE1 visit (to my first teaching placement) that I really don't have enough decent jackets or cardigans to wear in the classroom. I have enough trousers (okay, they do need shortening I'll admit) and skirts that I can wear, plus an abundance of tops. But very few cardigans, sweaters or jackets. My aim is to knit myself a 4 ply fusion knit cardigan or long sleeved top this week or next weekend, but in the meantime - any suggestions for a nice, casual but smart jacket or cardigan that would be suitable for the primary classroom?

2 comments:

Susan said...

Not a suggestion for a cardigan but for the snoring problem. Have you tried ear plugs? I didn't think they would work but they did for me. They completely blocked out the noise of my other half snoring and also my neighbour's frequent all night parties. Just a thought.

Doug said...

Hi !!

This is so good ... it is a real web(blog) for a real purpose... I am so impressed ... much respect !!
Doug
(for the knitters reading this I lecture at Leicester University ...)