Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year, New Projects

Yay! I managed to finish two projects before the end of 2006, and here they are fresh off the needles. I finished the milk chocolate merino cardigan for my Mum and the Opal Magic socks for my Dad. Both projects need to be blocked and the cardigan needs to be pressed before handing them over to the recipients:






I'll be trying my best to knit twelve pairs of socks in 2007 for the Crafty Threads ‘n' Yarns Sockamonth Challenge, as detailed here: crafty threads 'n' yarns forum
This is what I want to start tomorrow for the January knit-off, a pair of socks for my oldest son in Four Seasons Hot Socks on two circular needles. I've only knitted socks on DPNs before, so I'm knitting smaller than average socks to try out a new technique. There are prizes to be won each month; Natalie of the The Yarn Yard and Terri, the moderator on the Crafty Yarns 'n' Threads forum, are donating prizes each month and at the end of the Sockamonth Challenge next December


2 comments:

Terri said...

I'm really excited for it, have some koigu at the ready for tomorrow:-) and lots of poeple joining in too!
Well done on finishing off, I've managed a scarf and still have loads of wips:-( I must finish one thing before starting the next, but I can never stick to it LOL

Piglottie said...

Both look lovely, but I adore the colour of the cardigan.