Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Busy and Browsing

I was browsing through the Jaeger cotton booklets the other day and was thinking how lovely it would be to knit a few of the designs in Trinity DK. Then lo and behold, through the Crafty Threads ‘n' Yarns forum I find that Janette's Rare Yarns has Trinity DK on special offer in her eBay shop. How's a girl to resist when fate plays a part?

If it's possible I've been even busier this week than I was last week having gone to several evening meetings, children's paties, just generally been out of the house or just plain busy with work admin. I have managed to cast on for the first sleeve of my Grace project, and it seems to be knitting up beautifully again. I have made adjustments to the frequency of increases due to my difference in tension (albeit slight), but at least I will get all the increases in before I get to the sleeve head shaping this way.

I've been so tempted to start knitting a project in Patons Cotton DK thanks to the Jaeger cotton booklets, so I chose four designs that I wanted to knit and asked the boys for their votes on which one they prefer. So far, no-one has voted for the same one, but then there are only three boys :? I'll just pick a colour and start one I think.

Eta: I cast on for the V neck version of the fitted sweater from Louisa Harding's Modern classics book last night. I'm knitting it in variegated lilac Wendy Supreme Cotton DK and it's working up a treat. I must get some of my old WIPs finished though. Maybe I should make that a New Year resolution... hmmmm.

No comments: