Sunday, July 27, 2008

Seaton Finished

At last I have finished sewing up my version of the RYC Seaton: without stripes and in Lidl's aran weight cotton that I bought last spring. I only used 8 balls to knit the cardigan and at £1 a ball works out to be a bit of a bargain.

I had to reknit the front bands as they were too floppy knitted on the larger needles suggested in the pattern and steam pressed the cardigan after sewing it up as it was a bit on the small side, but I'm now very happy with the result.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The yarn is 100% cotton yarn in a dark grey, mid grey and white mixtured yarn which knitted beautifully on Brittany birch needles; the outside photo shows the shade better I think. I chose oval, grey shell buttons and grey satin ribbon to complement the variegated yarn; I'm sure this will become a wardrobe favourite!

2 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

Looks lovely. The buttons and ribbon are great on it.

Terri said...

Very nice:-)