Friday, July 25, 2008

A Few New Projects


I've been planning knitting for a few months now - now I have time over the summer to knit a few items up and this is what I've been up to.


I started the Buttoned Hoodie for the Sirdar Simple Knits knitalong held on the Crafty Threads forum - it's design F - a simple stocking stitch cardigan with a hood and I'm using a light sagey green shade of Sirdar Country Style DK from my stash called Linden Green. I actually have 17 balls of this shade in stash but I'm likely to use about 9 or 10 of them. I'm leaving off the kangaroo pockets cos I don't like them and I've rewritten the pattern to knit it on the knitting machine. I've already completed the back and one sleeve and I only cast on at 4pm yesterday afternoon! Speedy knitting with the help of 200 needles ;)


Photobucket

New project - Sirdar Buttoned hoodie in Country Style DK



I also started a feather and fan scarf a few weeks ago in the final week of Uni but frogged it because it was too wide. I cast on again using fewer stitches and I like the way it's working out :) I knitted a few more repeats last night but shouldn't have bothered because I found a mistake part way down as I came to put my kniting away and didn't have the patience to frog it back.... I'll do that this morning when I'm colouring my hair!

Photobucket

Another new project - feather & fan lace scarf in Tess Dawson Merino 4 ply (black)

No comments: