Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hello Sunshine :(

I was supervising the games stall at the school summer fete on Saturday and really enjoyed myself - so much so that I didn't notice how strong the sun actually was and have ended up with searing sunburn on my arms, shoulders and the back of my neck. Ouch! I lay on the sofa on Saturday night with two paracetomol and a cold drink :( I felt fairly sick yesterday, but I shouldn't complain as it's totally self-inflicted! The boys had suncream applied liberally to their ams, legs, faces and any part of them that was exposed. But in my hurry to get out of the house and down to school, I ....errr....... forgot the sunblock for myself *rolls eyes* Silly Melody.


Anyway - knitterly stuff! After my bout of frogging I decided that I had just enough space in the cupboard for another WIP and so I cast on for this ribbed chunky cardigan in Sirdar Denim Tweed Chunky that I just happened upon in my stash last weekend. I probably won't be wearing the hat with the jacket though..... not my style!

A quick, clockwise round-up of current WIPs reveals a 2x2 ribbed cardigan in black, scrummily soft James Brett merino DK, Danny's socks in 4x2 rib, the start of the second sleeve of Vanessa from the RYC book Classic Art which has a deep 2x2 rib on the body, a 2x2 ribbed cardigan for the warmer months in an gorgeously soft, bright turquoise Sirdar pure cotton wot I fished from stash, and at the top of the piccie pink Kim socks with a lacey pattern up the sides. And of course the new 2x2 ribbed chunky jacket in the previous piccie.

Spot the common denominator anyone?

5 comments:

Jo028 said...

Love your ribby jacket, I got that book last week too :). The Inca is calling me from Kemps! Hope the sunburn is better, don't we all do that though, protect the kids & not ourselves!

Anonymous said...

For someone who doesn't like doing ribbing ....... :-)) They all look lovely tho!!!

Hope you're feeling better now.

Auntie Noo said...

mmmm Bit of a ribbed theme going on there???? I love that denim ribbed cardi.... might just have to investigate that one!

Linda said...

I love the look of ribbing , but hate knitting it! I tried to learn continental as I thought it might be easier but couldn't get tension right!

Catknit said...

maybe next time I want some ribbing done I could send it to you? but only if it's 2x2