Sunday, June 03, 2007

Another Bout of Frogging

When you start to frog it just goes on doesn’t it? I frogged the red mohair lacey thing yesterday and boy did it feel good. Hmmm, what to frog next?

Oh yeah, I was on hand yesterday to help out with First Aid on a baby who needed emergency medical aid in Asda. He went blue and couldn’t breathe. I didn’t do much to be honest, a midwife had got there seconds before me and had the situation under control, but she looked relieved when I said I’d hang on for the ambulance in case the babe needed CPR. He didn’t, thank goodness, and was whisked away in the ambulance as I trotted round the supermarket with my trolley. It’s a skill I don’t have to use it very often, but being a Paediatric First Aider does have its uses occasionally.

3rd of June already. Where does the time fly to? I’ll be thinking about knitting winter sweaters soon.

5 comments:

Seahorse said...

What a good deed Debs! Well done (even if in the end not much action was needed).

Frogging can be very theraputic, can't it?!

Jo028 said...

Blimey Debs, well done. I'd not have a clue what to do in that situation. At least you can reduce the number of WIPs with a frog or 2 ;) & put the yarn to other use.

Anonymous said...

Goodness!! I wouldn't have been any help either :-O

Shame about the mohair but best to frog if you don't think it suits you. As Claire says frogging is therapeutic. I sometimes go for the halfway house of taking off the needles and stuffing in a bag 'just in case' tho ;-)

Anonymous said...

Well done you Debs! I guess with the kind of work you do that's a skill much needed in case of emergency.

As for the frogging, I agree with Claire and Ali it can be therapeutic and in the long wrong run less stressful than battling on with an unsuccessful or uninspiring project.

blog-blethers said...

It's hard when you decide that your WIPs not for you and to do the dreaded frogging deed!

And well done on being on hand in case the baby needed further treatment. I'd have been useless I reckon!