Saturday, January 27, 2007

Frogging Along

There's been lots of frogging at Chez Melody this week. Not only did I run out of grey yarn to finish my Celandine vest with only one armhole band to complete and had to frog the neckline trim and the one completed armband, but I also decided that I didn't want to knit seemingly miles of textured fabric to produce one small baby jacket.

I had some black country Style DK in my stash which is destined to become an Action Man hoodie for youngest son Danny, so on the advice from the members at the Crafty Threads 'n' Yarns forum I knitted the neckline and armbands in the contrast colour on the vest. It's looking pretty good with the contrast trim, and it will now be completed instead of languishing with a tidgy bit to finish and no more yarn!

I frogged the textured baby jacket in favour of a little cardigan with cabled twists. It might be knitted now instead of staying firmly shut away in the cupboard.

I've also been doing some very important stuff for me this week, but it's not knitting related. Maybe I'll tell you about that in a couple of weeks or so *wink*

No comments: