Friday, January 19, 2007

Another Baby Jacket

Yet another one of my friends is expecting a baby (in mid-February), and so out came the knitting needles again to knit the expected newborn something to wear whilst they are teeny and the weather is chilly.

I asked my friend whether she would prefer lemon or white, as she doesn't know the newborn's gender as yet. She replied that she'd like lemon, but added that she'd also like mint. As I had some very pale mint baby yarn in my baby yarn stash I cast on straight away for a little baby jacket with a collar, in a lovely textured stitch pattern which I think is suitable for either a boy or a girl:




It's lovely to knit, except at 42 rows to 10cm using double knitting yarn, there's a heck of a lot of knitting to do in such a tiny garment :-o

When I went to visit my knitting friend Wendy on Wednesday, she showed me how to crochet a square blanket. Here is my progress so far:

1 comment:

Peg said...

LOL, I searched the internet for instructions on crocheting these squares, (being new to crochet) and found a video but it was shot from a front view so all you see are the womans fingers, the hook and the wool flying about,I need pictoral instrs.:o))