Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A Morning of Chat and Boxes of Yarn

This morning my old friend Wendy came over for a coffee. I haven't seen her for some time, but we carried on chatting like I'd seen her yesterday (well, okay - I did see her yesterday too, but you know what I mean......). Wendy is one of a kind and never changes, she tells it how it is and you always know where you are with her. That's what I love about Wendy. That and the fact that she saved my life several years ago by getting me to hospital in the nick of time, but that's another story altogether. We got out a boxful of yarn and knitting patterns and went through them over a coffee or several. A jolly good morning's chat and coffee all told. Plus Wendy went home with a sackful of rehomed yarn and patterns, so more stash reduction for me *wink*

While she was at our house, the postie arrived and brought two packages for me from Hector:



Hector sent me a ball of absolutely gorgeous mohair mix yarn in a stunning red and and orange shade that is just so me it's unbelievable, and not one but TWO sock blocker key rings! The piccie only shows one of them ‘cos I wanted to show everything including the hilarious card, and blogger has been working at a snail's pace this afternoon and evening :-) I was overwhelmed by the pressies that arrived, and am totally knocked out by them. Thank you so much Hector!

Wendy did help me to open the packages though - I had to let her really, you just can't stop her when she gets going....

5 comments:

murdo said...

Of course there were two.....feet come in pairs?????
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Er....
who is Hector ???
CCX

Anonymous said...

Er....
Who is Anonymous ???

Melody said...

Okay - it's time for me to explain who is who....

Hector is someone who is also known as Hectorshouse (or should I say Ectors-ouse as she currently has a wobblesome 'H' key), and her real name is..... Jackie!

Anonymous is someone who is also known as cc, (hristina, or Christicarr.... our resident free pattern queen, Christina.

Hope that helps!

Debs xx

Anonymous said...

Ah ha, free pattern queen eh!, Hello cc.