Wednesday, September 06, 2006

E Kemps Woolshop
A big thumbs up to E Kemps Woolshop today; the lady there was lovely on the phone when I rang to enquire about some Patons Cotton DK that I ordered from them a few weeks ago. She was friendly and efficient on the phone, and was able to tell me the progress of my order immediately. See E Kemp Woolshop on my sidebar or click here.... E Kemp Woolshop which brings me nicely to...

Stashalonging
I'm coming to the end of my three months Stashalong stint and I have 24 days of my pledged three months left. I did really well for the first two months, but things have gone drastically wrong these past few weeks unfortunately, and not only have I bought yarn from an internet shop, I've won auctions for yarn on eBay too - and it wasn't on one of my days off!

Stashalonging has been an excellent plan for me though, and I'm very pleased that I joined in. I've been destashing with a vengeance and have managed to redeploy plenty of unwanted yarn from my stash. I know how much yarn I've destashed in monetary terms, but unfortunately not in weight or meterage terms (although I'm sure I could work it out if necessary!!) The cumulative purchases have come nowhere near to matching the weight and height of the destashed pile though, so I can confess my purchases with a clear conscience. I will certainly continue my destashing process as there are more yarns wanting/needing a new home in my rather large stash mountain LOL!

I found it so hard to continue on Stashalong with all the new pattern and design books being released for the Autumn and Winter months, and slipped quickly and easily off the wagon so that I could buy yarn to knit some of the new designs. It's certainly patterns and designs that make me want to buy yarn, and not the yarn itself that tempts me. Maybe I should start Stashalonging again until February next year when the next set of design books is released.

5 comments:

blueadt said...

Well at least you're honest!

I thought I'd done well in the first 3 months with only 1 strike (buying a 100g ball of black opal on the forum)BUT when I weighed up what I'd sold, swapped, been given & bought I was still up by 20g!

Following another thread maybe a knitting design software program would help to use up what you've already got?

Anonymous said...

Debs
just try and follow my exemplary example of yarn-abstinance...............shh Terri, say nothing and I might get away with it....

Melody said...

don't worry Hector.... no-one reads this blog at all. You can confess EVERYTHING here *wink*

Debs xx

dreamcatcher said...

OK, you're all busted! :-)

Congrats on decreasing overall the size of the yarn mountain!

I give a big thumbs-up to Kemps too, they are ever so efficinet and great prices.

Anonymous said...

I've never tried Kemps, sounds like a new yarn source for me. My stashalong went really well during May, June and July, but fell apart during August and I'm more or less back where I started.