Sunday, March 09, 2008

Paris Jacket Finished


Hooray! I sewed on the buttons and finished my Paris jacket this morning:


I'm really quite pleased with this jacket considering that I had trouble with decreasing 2sts at the neck edge for the neck shaping and that it was knitted in one piece to the armholes which made it knitting it seem like an eternity. The sewing up was quicker though!

I made a couple of modifications - the sleeves are shorter and I used snap fastener at the top of the buttonband to ensure that the neck stays closed rather than gaping. There's a distinct lack of buttonole at the neckband in the pattern and it looked a bit odd with the neckband flapping open.

The jacket is knitted in Garnstudio Paris cotton aran, in shade 07 Heather which is real life in dark cerise colour, and it took just 9 balls to knit on a 5mm circular needle. I knitted the sleeves back and forth on Brittany birch needles and used little silver shank buttons that I had in my button stash. The ribbing at the waist gives the jacket a little shaping which I like. The yarn is deliciously chunky and cottony and I'll certainly be using it again in the future - even Matthew likes the feel of it against his senstivie skin!

My next project is yet another cotton cardigan for the warmer months (hopefully) ahead - I cast on the stitches to knit Seaton from RYC's Classic Coast last night, but I'm using the bargain Colorado cotton aran weight yarn that I got for a bargain price from Lidl last year. I'm going to knit it all in one colour though, without the striping and possibly without the ribbon tie at the waist:

2 comments:

dreamcatcher said...

The Paris jacket is gorgeous, love the ribbed/shaped waist detail. Is it a Garnstudio pattern too?

The Lidl cotton is knitting up nicely, I have some of that too, I thought it was DK LOL!

Linz Knits Now said...

That is a gorgeous cardy...love the colour. The ribbing looks so neat and it does suit you too (cos i've seen you elsewhere modelling it ;))


The colorado cotton is knitting up beautifully too...wish I had got some now, Lidl is just a nightmare for me to get to but would've been worth it :(