Sunday, January 20, 2008

Resurrected and Refashioned

With Spring around the corner, I decided to resurrect the jacket in Garnstudio Paris cotton and I've made good progress this last week by knitting up to the armhole and dividing into two fronts and a back. Now that I'm knitting the parts of the jacket individually the jacket seems to making quicker progress! It's still on a circular needle although I have already finished one front already and I've almost finished the other so it will be finished for the warmer months after all.

Mr Melody's office has been selling off virtually brand new desks this week in an office move about, so Mr Melody secured three desks and three pedestals (medium sized three drawer cabinets) for the Melody family at a cost of £75 for the lot. The two Little Melodies have a desk and pedestal each up in the playroom/den to put their PCs and all their paraphernalia on and I managed to snaffle another for my craft room. It's much much bigger than the old table thing I used to pile all my crafting junk onto, but the pile of half-forgotten things I found under the desk was an eye-opener! Not wardrobe refashioning in the true sense, but an excellent bargain. I'm using the desk to put my sewing machine and overlocker on and the drawers will replace the tatty drawer unit in my craft room. A good thing really, as the handles fell off the fronts of the drawers recently and it's almost impossible to get the drawers open!! I can even sit at my new desk upstairs and use my new lappie on the internet, thanks to the power of WiFi. Utter Bliss.

1 comment:

Auntie Noo said...

Wow those desks were a bargain, and so much nicer for you all to have proper places to sit.... Good for the boys when the grown up homework starts too!!!! ;)