Saturday, September 22, 2007

Las Vegas Socks for September Maybe?

I've just sat and typed out my post for today and the whole lot disappeared into the ether - sheesh!
For some reason Blogger appears to be a pain in the rear this afternoon as my delete key wouldn't work a few minutes ago.

Anywhoodle, here are my Las Vegas socks which will possibly be finished in time to enter into the September Sockamonth challenge on the Crafty Threads 'n' Yarns forum:



I managed to miss the train by about five minutes a couple of times this week, so I took the opportunity to grab a polystyrene cup of train station tea, whip out my sock yarn, DPNs and sock bag and knit. Sheer Bliss.

I might have to miss the train a couple more times to get these socks finished by the end of September, and as these are my third pair, I might be in the running for a bronze award.

5 comments:

gilraen said...

Very snazzy!!! I wish I had a train journey to knit on!! Good luck on finishing!! :)

blog-blethers said...

Those are so bright and cheery - they are guaranteed to brighten up dull railway stations! Hope you are settling into student life and enjoying your course.

Jo028 said...

Love your Las Vegas sockies. I take my hat off to you, I really can't knit in public! Thanks for the award, you're a real sweetie :)

Linz Knits Now said...

The socks are fabulous...I have a pair of Las vegas socks too and I love the zingy colour!
...socks on a train? sounds a sequel to snakes on a plane lol

Joy said...

What lovely socks, though by the sound of things you should be knitting train-er socks ;)