Sunday, July 15, 2007

Totally Finished Objects!

Yay! As promised, a couple of totally finished objects. I've obviously had the sew-up bug this week as I've finished sewing up three knitteds. The third - Louisa Harding's 'Tide' cardigan - still needs a button and button loop, so until it has that it won't appear on the blog as a TFO.


Here are the two totally finished items:



A wrap cardigan in peacock Sirdar Country Style double knitting yarn that I fusion knitted on the knitting machine and by hand, and the Valentine sweater in Red Sirdar Denim Chunky that I knitted in February this year. The sweater has turned out really well, and I'm glad that I didn't throw it into the textile recycling bin as I had threatened! The wrap cardigan is okay and I will wear it, but I'm not sure that I'll ever knit another :? However, I'm already planning Valentine sweater number two in vintage, black, chunky yarn ;)

6 comments:

Linz Knits Now said...

They look great...love the red sweater...my fave colour so i'm biased. But I do like the wrap also.well done on all the sewing up!

Linz xxx

Terri said...

They both look lovely debs!!!

Piglottie said...

They both look lovely Debs! I love the red one too, and I have used Sirdar Denim Chunky and thinks its a lovely yarn.

Jo028 said...

They both look lovely, well done on getting them finished :)

murdo said...

They are both lovely BUT the red one is really you!!!!

gilraen said...

You will have plenty to wear in teaching practice now :)

They are lovely. :)