Thursday, July 26, 2007

In which Melody Finishes More Items and Casts on Two New Projects

A few more finished items to show you.... first, Tide:



Knitted in Patons 100% cotton DK with Brittany Birch needles, using Louisa Harding's ‘Tide' cardigan pattern. I fudged the sizing on this as I used a different dk yarn with a different stitch tension. This fits so well and was interesting to knit, and I have the yarn out of stash already to knit another! Again in Cotton DK but a lovely mid-lilac shade this time

Next up, Vanessa:



Knitted in Sirdar Denim Tweed DK yarn with Pony Pearl needles and using RYC's Vanessa pattern from RYC Art. I knitted the size 36 size, without fudging anything except maybe the row tension which I knitted as is. I absoutely adore this! I also have yarn for this out of stash and want to knit another one, or maybe two, three, four.... LOL! I have taken some Patons Coral DK in the Vanilla shade out of stash holding, which is a cotton mix yarn, and will look fab knitted up as Vanessa I think. I thought about knitting another Vanessa in Brett's Kool Kotton, but wanted another sweater with that summer melange kinda look.

For my next trick - I cast on for the Drops short sleeved jacket using Garnstudio Paris cotton aran in a gorgeous colour called Heather, and also cast on stitches for one of the cardigans Alva, in the Colinette Banyan booklet:



The Paris yarn is a superb dark cerise-pinky-purple in real life, and it's easy to knit in one piece on Addt turbo circular needles, much to my amazement as I don't like circulars or metal needles generally. The stitches are nice and even, and there's none of that nasty rowing out business that happens when I use bamboo needles as it did with the Grace jacket I finished earlier this year. Which just so happens to be next on the list to sew up!

I'm also knitting Alva in James Brett pure merino dk, and it's an absolute joy to knit with. I chose the merino because I don't possess any Colinette AT ALL! Hopefully that will be rectified on holiday when I have promised myself a day off from Knitting from Stash to visit the Colinette millshop in person. I quite fancy some Cadenza but which shade? Who knows!

10 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

Ha Ha I knew you'd love the Paris - not sure if that's the same colour as I got - mine might be one shade darker, although it was really difficult to photograph so could be the same. I love that final pattern - Alva was it? - Looks lovely!

Linz Knits Now said...

Totally fab FO's Debs. I love how Tide has come out (F+F being somewhat of a fave at the mo ;))
but vanessa is just a fabulous fit and gorgeous colour, it's kind of become my fave out of the 2.

Nice choices for your next projects too :D

Linz xxx

gilraen said...

Two beautiful finsihed knits there. I am really impressed with the finishing on Tide. Kudos! :)

And lovely WiPs too. :D

Hawkesley said...

Ooh both Vanessa and Tide look gorgeous and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the Garnstudio Jacket you've started. :-)

Piglottie said...

Tres chic Debs! I particularly love Tide (another f&f fan here) :) Have a great holiday hun :)

Jo028 said...

Love your fo's too. That paris is a gorgeous colour & the merino one is shaping up nicely too :)

belaybunny said...

I quite fancy some of the paris too, the colour you've chosen is really pretty. Lovely finished cardigans, I want to knit the tide one sometime as well. I hope you enjoye colinette ;)

blog-blethers said...

Beautiful FO's ... wish I was as productive as you've been!! You and cazzie have me itching to knit Tide. Pattern books on order and about to order Muscat yarn. Can you tell me how many extra repeats of the feather and fan you did as I prefer the length you both did yours (pattern is too too short for my big belly!!).

Brightmeadowfarms said...

I love your blog.

We're playing blog tag, and you're it! Please leave a comment on my blog to let me know you got this, and if you will play, just follow the instructions and tag 7 more people. That's it!

Thanks!

Melody said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments!

Blog-bletherers - I knitted the longer length version of Tide - there are instructions in the pattern book for both a longer length and a shorter length version - with shorter length version sleeves as I wanted a longer top with the shorter sleeves. I've worn it loads on holiday and it's so comfortable to wear!