Saturday, April 07, 2007

Holidays?

Why am I always ill during school holidays? The only time I actually get any time off from pre-school and school itself and I'm ill again. This week I've been really quite unwell with another bout of pharyngitis which left me with a temperature of 38.9C and the shakes, along with the usual symptoms of not being able to swallow, feeling nauseous, aches and pains and general lethargy. The doctor prescribed a double dosage of penicillin over double the usual amount of time, so it must be a particularly nasty bug this time round. He did say though that he'd seen quite a few of 'these' throats recently, so it's obviously doing the rounds. I have even closed my little bitty eBay shop for a week so that I can rest and get over my infected throat before I have to start chasing round to the post office again. I couldn't bear the thought of that at the moment.

You'd think that I would have had loads of time for knitting, but I haven't :(
I have frogged my ChicKnits Ribby Cardi though because... well... I'm a bit bored with it and there's too much to do on it to even put it aside until the cooler months, so it's been frogged. But I have managed to get round the heel of Danny's first beigey brown sock (the colour choice is unbelievable for a five year old, but he has something in mind I assume) and so I'm now chasing down the foot to the toe.

On a more positive note, I literally only have a few more rows to knit on the collar of my Grace cardigan and it becomes a finished article. Hooray!!

4 comments:

blueadt said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Jacquie said...

What a nuisance!

Hope you feel better soon too!

Linz Knits Now said...

Aw, I hope you are feeling better soon xxx
But on a more positive note...the WIP's are going down :D

gilraen said...

Hey you sent that bug to me?

I hope you are feeling better. :)

I have almost all of the Vanessa back done now.