Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Story Sacks

Apart from being badly tempted to buy some Sirdar Salsa DK yarn on special offer in the colours I love (Flamingo and Sapphire) I'm doing pretty well on the new Stashalong; but then it is only the third day in! I did think about bringing my Day Off stashalonging to the 3rd of the month, but thought it was taking the you-know-what really.

To alleviate my desire for yarn, I made 23 story sacks for my sons' school over the weekend, and finished them off yesterday afternoon:



there are 16 larger ones and 7 smaller ones. There would have been 8 smaller ones but I got a bit scissor happy as I was cutting them out of the fabric.


In case you're wondering what on earth a story sack is, it's a fabric bag with a drawstring top that holds a story book, a cuddly toy associated with said story book and a card that shows the parent or carer what sound the child should be learning when reading the story with a simple question to answer on the text. It was great to have my sewing machine and overlocker back in action again!

2 comments:

Melody said...

You're back!! Hooray!!

Seahorse said...

Wow1 You've been busy! What a lovely idea.

Good luck with the stashalong btw!