Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ooops!!

Ooops! I tripped while I was going up the stairs on Friday evening and fell awkwardly onto my left wrist. Result - one wrist in a splint for a week. I haven't tried knitting yet, but it hurts to move it so I don't think there will be much progress on any WIPs this week :(
I'm not supposed to go into work either, but we'll have to see about that tomorrow...



Now if someone who works in the medical profession could just send me an NHS splint for my right hand, I'd have a lovely matching pair of NHS issue, velcro wristwarmers for winter *wink*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very stylish they would be too!

Umm... maybe someone could knit you some wrist splint covers to brighten them up a bit!

I hope it gets better real soon. It's not a very convenient time of year to not be able to knit is it?

blueadt said...

Oh you poor thing. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Terri said...

I think it looks very fetching!!!!

ooohh, you could have a pair of those to cover it!! :-))

nevermind, I'm sure you can still manage to do the housework, who needs knitting anyway LOL ;-)

Cheryl:) said...

OH NO!!!
You could make a cozy for it!!!

Piglottie said...

Oh no! I hope you get better soon.

blog-blethers said...

lol you genuinely tickled me and made me giggle. I do indeed have the matching pair (perhaps we'll set off a new trend:) ??). I also have the even more fetching version which come in a hard, formed acrylic material that almost give you concussion when you turn over in bed:) My friend has just learned too that she will have to wear a Darth Vadar type oxygen mask every night. We were in stitches at the mutual visions we'll be and reckon contraception is now covered:)!!