Monday, June 26, 2006




What's Been Happening Today?

I had a great day at work today and it's actually the 26th June, not 27th June (!) - now the pressure of my college course is over I feel like a new person. I feel immensely tired though, like my body is getting used to the fact that it can relax a little and not have to live on adrenalin. I fell asleep while the boys were watching "Totally Spies" as I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer! I managed to finish all my inking over yesterday afternoon and so the assignments are well and truly over and done. I have to go into college tomorrow evening to hand them in; I might take my knitting with me in case there's any waiting around to be done and sit in the coffee bar with it. A little late for Knitting in Public Day, but better late than never....!

As I've signed up for Stashalong from 1st July to 30th September (ouch!) I've started destashing early on this time and have already sold five cones of yarn through the Angel Yarns forum - two cones of luscious lambswool 2 ply in cerise and two in lilac, and a 975g cone of scrummy Debbie Bliss Cathay double knit in a beautiful lilacy lemon variegated mixture that I picked up from Coldspring Mill last year. The cerise and lilac 2ply will make someone a beautiful shawl in lightweight lambswool - it's a pity I couldn't wear a shawl at work really, but it would get covered in PVA glue and paint in an instant. Imagine all that hard work ruined by a flick of a paintbrush.... *shudder*

By the way, this is me wearing a ribbed cropped cardi that was my last finished project at Easter:

2 comments:

WandaWoman said...

Welcome to the world of knitblogging! Let me know if you need any help with blogger.

awanda@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi! Great to see you have taken the plunge into blogging. I heard about it from Jon's blog.

I'm a typepadder too, so can't be muche help to you technically. I will add you to my list of links.