Sunday, August 31, 2008

Birthday Girl!

Another year older, another year .... wiser? Well I'm not sure about the wiser but I certainly feel my age today!

I've had a standard Melody birthday in that the boys were far more excited than I was and wanted birthday cake for breakfast. We did have cake this afternoon though and the boys bestowed gifts of chocolate and flowers, that they had chosen themselves, upon me. They helped me to eat the Galaxy and laughed at the birthday cards that they had chosen. Littlest Melody was so thrilled with the birthday card he had chosen he kept opening it up to giggle about it. Some witticism about too many candles on the cake and setting my hair alight. Hmph! Cheeky Monkey!

I had some fab gifts - I had spendoolies from Mr Melody and the Melody Parents (which has been duly spent on a gorgeous selection of woolly delights already and some saved for the next yarn splurge), a gift voucher to spend at Cucumberpatch from Pictish and a gift voucher to spend at Socktopus from Terri, neither of which were expected and therefore a real treat. Murdo had already sent me Kim Hargreaves new book "Thrown Together" back at the beginning of August for my birthday but also sent an unexpected parcel of lovely, green, variegated yarn which is truly scrummy and will make a lovely winter jacket.

Piccies tomorrow when I have a bit more time!!

I've had a truly wonderful birthday and have been well and truly spoiled by my friends and family - thank you everyone, I really appreciate you thinking of me and your gifts brought a lump to my throat.

And if by any chance anyone from work happens to be reading this - yes, there will be cake tomorrow *wink*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a lovely day and lol @ little melody :-))

We do need pics - I LOVE the sound of that green variegated yarn!!!!!

Auntie Noo said...

So glad you had a good day - am chuckling at the boys wanting cake for breakfast..... that one's going to keep me going all day!! x

Doug said...

Happy birthday !!

Joy said...

It sounds a lovely day - family days always are :-)

Koko said...

Happy birthday, Deb!!
I'm so glad to read that you had the happy day and you must notice how much your family loves you....

Thank you, Deb. for the pattern! I got it today(Sept. 1st). Unfortunately I have been in hard days because of moving so, I haven't enjoyed knitting for almost two weeks. The pattern looks nice and I do knit it as soon as I can!

SingingBirthdayCard.com said...

Happy birthday Melody!

Here's a personalized birthday song from SingingBirthdayCard.com

http://yourbirthdaysong.blogspot.com/2008/08/melodys-personalized-country-western.html