Thursday, April 03, 2008

What the Blazes....

I’ve been eyeing up both Peace and Hush from the Kim Hargreaves Collection for a few weeks now and even though I have destashed and sold several lots of unwanted yarn on the Crafty Threads forum, I still didn’t feel comfortable buying two knitting kits because of the price of each kit. Then Pictish pointed out that Blaze is almost the same style as Peace and I was converted!

I cast on for Blaze yesterday evening, albeit a little late at about 10.30pm, but half the moss stitch border is already done. I'm knitting using Patons 100% Cotton DK in shade Pomegranate with 4mm Brittany Birch needles, my weapons of choice at the moment. It would appear that Patons Cotton DK and Cotton 4 ply are underestimated yarns and I’ve found them mainly being used for dishcloths and washcloths on Ravelry, which is a real shame as the yarn knits, washes and wears wonderfully as proven by my Tide cardigan that I made last year. Tide has been in and out of the washing machine and is still soft and easy to wear, with the added bonus that it can be steam pressed to perfection.


Blaze has appeared twice in Rowan publications but under different name: once as 'Cheer' in Rowan magazine 32, the second time as 'Blaze' in Rowan's 'The Pure Wool Collection' as shown in the photo above, but they are both the same Kim Hargreaves design. Which of course leaves me free to buy Hush with a clear conscience *big grin*

I had cast on the stitches for, and knitted two rows of rib for, a CPH in Stylecraft Harvest aran but decided that I really don’t want to knit it at the moment, so it came off the needles just as quickly.

More things have been arriving at the Melody House this week, but I’ll wait until my next post to tell you about those *wink*

3 comments:

gilraen said...

I confessed to 5 parcels this week!! Go on tell....... :)

Georgeous choices!! I love Kim Hargeaves designs. I just can't afford all of them!! :)

Anonymous said...

*polishes halo*

It is going to look fabbadoobo in the red!!! I have my pattern book out and the Pomegranate Pure Wool at the ready but haven't cast on yet. I might have to adjust the shaping slightly too. It is a bit more nipped in at the waist than me LOL!!

Krawuggl said...

I came here via Ravelry and browsed your blog a bit. This is a great post, because I fancy the same designs as you do and I have the old Rowan magazine, too. Thanks so much for this!
Have a lovely day with a lot of time for knitting,
best wishes, Suzi