Thursday, February 14, 2008

Stash on Ravelry

I made a start today and took photos of some of my stash that I have on my shelf in my craft room. I only took simple straightforward photos and didn't go looking for interesting backdrops or anything as putting my yarn stash onto Ravelry is supposed to be for my benefit isn't it? Or is it? I have an Excel inventory speadsheet for my yarns, invented by me for me that tells me the information that I want to know. Do I really need to, or indeed have the time to, upload photos onto the World Wide Web to have complete strangers gawping at my stash? As it was it took nearly half an hour to upload six photos and describe six lots of stash... err, no thanks, I don't have the time for that!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just going to send you a message about this when I saw your post. Basically DON'T DO IT, LIFE'S TOO SHORT!! - but I see you've already come to your senses LOL!!!

Linz Knits Now said...

So would this be considered a long term project then? ;) lol

Auntie Noo said...

LOL! - I agree Life's too short! I put my stuff on there as I buy it now, just because I have an appalling memory and it reminds me what I've got at what tension. But if you have a spreadsheet that suits you, then ..... why??? - You could be knitting!!!!

Nevisknitter said...

You would be far better knitting the stash, we would still see it eventually if you updated your projects

Joy said...

I don't have any stash listed there I'm afraid - I know what I've got and that's good enough for me :-)

murdo said...

Disagree. ravelry needs pics of you wearing a Flamenco outfit...grasping skeins of yarn between your teeth...ole!!!