Sunday, November 04, 2007

Introducing Las Vegas Socks.

Here they are, my latest pair of socks for the Crafty Threads 'n' Yarns Sockamonth challenge:



My socks haven't been produced on a monthly basis at all, I've only managed to complete four pairs this year and that includes two pairs for the Little Melodies.
Mr Melody has ordered a pair of golf socks for the next pair that I knit, so I can't see those being knitted before the end of December can you? Not the long, knee-high, plus fours variety you understand, just a pair of normal length men's socks, but handknitted by moi. I'm seeming to remember that he wants them to be some sort of blue so they will be boring to knit by anyone's standards. Maybe I can inject a touch of colour into them without him noticing *evil grin*

I've done some thinking and reflecting about the first week of TE1 this morning and have come to the conclusion that I'm now at the stage of learning where I have BIG clues as to what I don't know, rather than the blissful ignorance of NOT knowing what I don't know, iyswim? I think it's called something like Conscious Incompetence or something equally derogatory! But I'm happy with the fact that I've taken steps towards Unconscious Competence this week, and that has to be a huge step forward, doesn't it?

2 comments:

blog-blethers said...

lol It is a huge step, Debs, and one that is almost worthy of its own pair of socks:) My yearly tally is around the same as yours - I'll be on the booby prize, rather than that lovely golden sock award!

Piglottie said...

Glad your TE1 is going well. One of things I always found when I was teaching EFL was that you just have to accept that you can never know everything and never get everything done. Hard for a perfectionist like me, but I think one of the keys to enjoying teaching.

The socks are wonderful too :)